3.06.2011

Stashbusting update - February

I'm now two months into the Stashbusting Contest. I definitely fell off the wagon!

Finishes:
- The top of my Santorini by Lila Tueller layer cake top. I haven't even thought about what I'm doing on the back yet.

In progress:
- Postage stamp quilt
- Polka dot paper pieced quilt
- Wonky log cabin quilt-as-you-go scrap quilt

Purchases:
- Here's where I slipped: At the quilt camp I went to last weekend, it was a Nancy J. quilt shop weekend. It's been the first time I've been to a camp with her shop there -- I loved her fabric selection! So many beautiful brights! And obviously very tempting. Here's what I caved in and purchased.

IMG_2265

I have not decided what I'm doing with these yet, but I love this color palette and all the patterns. I can't wait to pick others from my stash to mix with these for a project.

Other fabric in:
- A BUNCH of scraps from people at quilt camp, lots as birthday surprises. I didn't even check the trash cans this time! Here's hoping I get a lot done in March.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

I have a lot of those Kaffe fabrics in my stash, too. I think they are well worth "slipping" for and will look great in a quilt.

Christy said...

Thanks for reaffirming my decision to buy fabric I didn't "need." I just fell in love with some of these prints and couldn't pass them up. They are my first Kaffe fabrics. I love his quilts, but haven't been very good about being quite so bold in mixing patterns and colors.