4.20.2012

A finish!

I've been busy working on a top secret project lately: a quilt for one of my sisters for her birthday! This is the first quilt I've made for anyone in my family other than a wall hanging I made for my mom, so I was really excited to give it to her. My sister Michelle has got a great eye for color and design and has a gorgeously decorated house, so I also was a little nervous to make something for her. I'm happy to report that she loved it! IMG_2769

I was inspired by one of her guest rooms, which is painted a vibrant orange. She now uses it as a craft room when she doesn't have company, so I wanted to make something bright and modern. I bought all the fabrics the last time I went to quilt camp. They were already bundled together and I thought of her right away.

IMG_2761

I quilted it very simply in orange thread with straight-lines about a quarter-inch from the seams of the zig zags.

IMG_2759

And I had this awesome green chevron fabric in my stash. I bought a couple yards of it a few months ago from Connecting Threads on clearance. It was perfect for this project! The quilt washed really well and was really soft and wrinkly when I pulled it out of the dryer. Even though I'm normally somewhat selfish about keeping things I make, mailing it off to my sister made me really happy! Here are a few more photos of the quilt in progress, since I haven't been able to blog about it at all.

IMG_2655 IMG_2677

Am I the only one that loves looking at color-coordinated trimmings?

IMG_2662 IMG_2692

4 comments:

Katie said...

Terrain is such a pretty line, it looks great all zigzagged up!

Annie said...

Great colors! I bet your sister is thrilled!

Mary said...

Glad your sister liked it. Nice execution and quilting. You do beautiful work.

Leslie said...

the trimmings are awesome.....i love the bright and fun colors.