Being a shut-in all weekend has finally shown to be a boost to my productivity! I spent all weekend "relaxing," or in other words, hanging around the apartment doing productive, but semi-fun things. Along with the laundry and dishes I finally made a dent in, I put together a quilt top that I've been cutting pieces for the last week or two. Hard to believe the cutting took more time than the sewing, but that's what happens when I'm a wimp about the rotary cutter and revert to old style tracing and cutting with scissors.
Anyway, since I finally did take a few in progress shots, I'll add those in.
A stack of the nine patch blocks I did for the inside and outside borders.
The ROYGBIV spread of my 6.5" blocks laid out.
The fabric on the left was my "inspiration" fabric. It's from a new Joann's line that I had a special coupon for. I only bought half a yard, so I didn't have a whole lot of options design-wise. I really like all the colors in it though. The other piece is a fat quarter from Joann's that I LOVE.
A look at the top ... all done except I need to trim the points off of all the squares along the border. It will be 78 inches by 78 inches when it is trimmed. I have no idea yet what I'm going to do with the back.
And, just a random photo from my trip to the Fort Wayne/Auburn area in July -- This cool bush/tree at the Fort Wayne Zoo. I wanted to take more photos, but my camera batteries died early on!