10.20.2008

Organized. Seriously!

Anyone who knows me -- and also knows my living arrangements -- is well aware that organized is not an adjective often used to describe me or my apartment. I mean well, but you know how it goes when a full-time job intersects with a full-time hobby. And a love/need of sleep, that is. It doesn't help when you try to cram a 2,100-square-foot house into a two-bedroom apartment.

But I have a secret weapon -- my mom! She just rocks. And she just spent two weeks visiting me, which is so nice because I love to have her around. She's super easy-going and always nice (too bad that seemed to skip me!). She's also the best organizer I've ever met. When I moved to New York one fall in the senior year of college, she helped pack my car. She had every crevice filled, and I swear she would have rolled up socks and stuck them in the exhaust pipe if she could.

Anyway, she spent much of the last two weeks reorganizing my apartment. She seems to do this every visit, but I'm always impressed with her ability to not get overwhelmed by all my "stuff" and finds homes for everything.

This was very evident tonight when I came home from work and was NOT looking forward to digging through my stuff to find my passport, which I was going to need to vote. I haven't used my passport in nine years (sigh), and wasn't expecting it to be handy.

Well I found it. In like a minute! That was awesome. Now I can spend my night doing other things, like quilting or reading the second Twilight book.

Hopefully not messing up my apartment!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I can't wait to see what Sharon has done this time! Oh and I'm halfway through the second book. It was slow at first but it's really starting to pick up. Can't wait to discuss it with you!!