Latest project

I finally decided on a pattern for my strawberry fields strips. I found this perfect green background fabric at Joann's ... it has tiny dots with a lot of the same colors that were in the batiks.

I cut the strips so they ended up 2.5" by 6.5" and ended up with six columns across and each one has 15 batiks and 15 green blocks going vertically. It ended up being a pretty big lap quilt and I think it will match great with my sofa. I didn't plan it that way, but the coloring is very similar. I still have some of the batik fabric left. I am still tossing up the idea of either a border or use some of them for a pieced back. Decisions, decisions!


Here's the naked couch so you can marvel at the color coordinating! :)



Allison said...

I love the way this coin quilt turned out! Its beautiful, I love the green sashing, its like a perfect sage color! Its fabulous, I love your blog too! :) Allison

Christy said...

Thanks! I always find lots of inspiration from your projects. :)