1.02.2009

Shiny, fresh new year

As a rule, I'm not a big fan of new year's resolutions. I take that back, I am a fan of resolutions, just not a big fan of following through on them. It is fun to make all sorts of lofty goals for a new year that is just starting, with the thought that maybe this year, things will be different. I think my optimistic side is decreasing though, and I have come to realize that I'm likely to stay the same old person I've been for the past 33 years.

I do hope to do a few things different this year and experience some new things. My thought: maybe if my resolutions are fun ones - as opposed to the usual "I am going to work out all the time, eat tons of vegetables and get skinny" - there's a better shot at me following through.

Here are some things I want to do this year:

- Watch more movies and less lame TV shows.
- Learn to knit something other than a scarf. Maybe a hat next?
- Try to cook more and try new recipes. So far so good ... I made a pasta with Cajun-spiced shrimp tonight. Considering I didn't have all the ingredients I needed for the sauce, it wasn't too bad.
- Read more books and keep track of what I read.
- Buy a set of oil paints and paint something modern-esque for my bedroom wall.
- Listen to more music.
- Go on a trip somewhere.
- Wear makeup more often (to help make my large collection make more sense). I love buying makeup. I love putting it on. I just don't love putting it on at 6 a.m.
- Add more stuff to my etsy store. Maybe design a cool header or something.
- Not stay up so late on the weekends! (surprise, surprise. I'm yawning like crazy right now.)

No comments: