2.19.2009

Quilting pile up

Oy, my pile of unfinished projects is growing rapidly! I have a big stack of UFOs on my spare bed ... probably a good five or six projects that range from almost finished tops to some that are partially hand quilted. This doesn't even take into account all the other quilts that are in progress, with blocks here and there.

Normally I am much better about finishing projects, but with the stashbusting contest last year, I started churning out quilt tops (because I could do those on the machine) and not getting them quilted, since a) I kinda suck at machine quilting and b) hand quilting takes forever and a day.

For the last week or so I have not done any quilting, but have been working on a variety of knitted dish cloths. I know they are a good project for me, since I am FINALLY making myself learn how to do something beyond scarves with a basic knit, purl pattern. So far I made one a heart design, one with a Snoopy design and have started one that has a lacy mock cable design. While these are fun, I don't really get the same sense of accomplishment as I do when I quilt. Sigh.

I know I need to get back on the wagon. My small group of quilting friends is getting together on Sunday ... I definitely have to be back in the groove by then.

Until I actually do some quilting, here's a few inspirational pictures. I heart this quilt so much, and I love, love, love how I'm quilting it. It's just such a pain to do!

Detail of quilting

Quilting in progress

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i love, love, love it, too! can't wait to see it finished.

Leah said...

oh wow i love the colors in this quilt. and your meticulous quilting is so impressive. i'm also drooling over the great colors in your piles of nine-patches in the post a few posts before this one. also, i really like the decor on your blog on the left-hand side with the white and purple scribble. did you do that? if so, how? thanks! and thanks for visiting my blog!

One Flew Over said...

The quilting looks fantastic!